- Visit Stockeld Park for great festive adventures, from thrilling Halloween activities to the Stockeld Park Christmas Adventure and more.
- Check out the many fantastic adventure playground areas in Stockeld Park, from sandpits to climbing frames and more, let your kids' imaginations run wild as they have a blast.
- Don't miss out on the Ice Skating that runs for a festive Christmas day out, along with laser tag, mazes, enchanted forests and more.
Embrace the Yorkshire fresh air at Stockeld Park and have a great time together with your family in this magical setting, nestled within a glorious ancient woodland.
Stockeld Park, Wetherby, hosts a magnificent Adventure Season every year, from Halloween through to Christmas and even beyond. There's always something to do at the stunning parkland for both your little ones and big ones, as Stockeld is open throughout the school holidays with thrilling fun for all the family from February, Easter, Spring, Summer, and all festivities in-between, brimming with events and activities. From a wonderful adventure playground, enchanted forests, interactive play, ice skating, skiing, laser tag and more, there's something to enchant every soul who graces this Yorkshire site. Don't forget to check out which fantastic events are on for you, such as the wacky circus, charming concerts, and interactive themed workshops which are always a hit with kids, and these all take place throughout the year, suitable all ages.
If you're looking for something special to do during the school holidays in North Yorkshire, then we've got you covered. Plenty of magic is made at Stockeld Park between February and Christmas, open on special dates, exclusively for you to uncover the beautiful hidden gems in Wetherby, which welcomes all families for a family day out, jam-packed with enthralling seasonal activities and events. For more great park experiences in Yorkshire check out Roundhay Park, one of the biggest parks in Europe, spanning 700 acres of expansive, stunning, parkland, lakes, woodland, specialist gardens and a mansion house.
Check out the magical Enchanted Forest, where every path leads to a different adventure. Plus, meet Russell the talking tree and slide down the giant teapot slide to have a hoot of a time in this magical setting! For some thrilling fun, there is a fabulous Skating Rink that little ones have a blast on, especially at festive times like during Christmas. Stockeld Park has an array of season-specific fun activities and events to offer, no matter when you decide to go. From the yearly Easter Egg trail to the award-winning Santa’s Grotto, there are epic events that happen many times of the year. You can experience a spooky maze, a witches forest and escape room at Halloween, or meet some reindeer and Santa for some Christmas festive fun. There's plenty to do at all times of the year. Plus, in collaboration with Autism Angels, Stockeld Park also offers Autism Friendly Grotto sessions which are among the family favourites here.
Your little ones will go crazy in the Stockeld Park Adventure Zones, which includes so many fun areas and activities. The Enchanted Forest creates an immersive, magical experience of meandering paths that have mysterious characters, adventure playgrounds and buccaneer boats for a spin on the lake when you're feeling adventurous. Don't worry if it's raining as there's indoor play, too. Your little ones can discover the giant indoor jumping pillow, which is always a blast, along with the inflatable fountain bouncer! Maybe your little one will want to climb aboard the Stockeld Express and see which of their friends are waiting in the station house. They can have a go at the games machines and crafts. Be sure to check out the Electric Scooters on a thrilling ride through and around the forest. For problem-solvers, can you find your way out on The Magical Maze? Be enchanted with hidden gems, uncover some secrets and more as you navigate your way around many corners, with over two miles of footpath to discover in the 8ft high labyrinth. When you're ready to quench your need for speed thirst again, then be sure to check out the Go-Karts where your little ones can pedal their way along the track on the chopper-style go-karts for some exhilarating fun. Plus, don't miss out on the Woodland Laser Tag arena where the competitive family juices can get flowing to see who wins.
There are plenty of play areas in Stockeld Park which are delightfully fun for all ages, with sandpits, slides and more. In the Spider's Lair, a big friendly arachnid has spun up some tunnels, climbing nets zip wires, jungle bridges, slides and bags of fun and excitement for both little ones and big ones to enjoy as they let their imagination run wild! For a rad pirate adventure, with a huge sandpit, pirate ship and Viking swings in this adventure playground, check out Woodsands Cove. Be sure to make use of the tree rope adventure, Tangle Tree Climb in the Enchanted Forest, where children can clamber up high and tackle the mini obstacle course in the air. Plus, check out the Teepee Encampment and Farmer Foster's Farmyard for more great adventure playground fun.
For more great Yorkshire days out, and one with a historical twist, check out Kirkstall Abbey, for your chance to explore one of the best-preserved Cistercian monasteries in Britain, with events, trails, markets, parkland and more to discover.
What to know before you go
- When you're feeling peckish, there are many places to eat, from the Woodland Café and Nordic Pizzeria for some delicious family-friendly meals, or alternatively choose from Gretel's Cabin, Hansel's Cabin, and Candy's Cabin where you can choose from tasty treats, sweets, mulled wine and more. Finish off your visit to our delicious café and gift shop.
- There are toilets, accessible toilets and baby change facilities in the main building, the Enchanted Forest at Gretel’s Cabin and in winter, there are toilets at the Lakeview Café.
- Stockeld Park has natural woodland paths and gravel in some areas; however, there are a large number of visitors using wheelchairs and prams who navigate the park with ease.
- Dogs are not allowed on site.
- Stockeld Park is located at in Wetherby, North Yorkshire,
- If travelling by public transport, the 770 bus service from Leeds to Harrogate stops right outside the Stockeld Park gates.
- If travelling via car, Stockeld Park is located near York, Harrogate and Leeds on the A661 between Wetherby and Spofforth.
- There is free parking on site. Alternatively, look here for the nearest NCP parking.