- Satisfy your need for speed on one of the thrill-seeking rides and roller coasters across the theme park grounds.
- Spend some time at the fun attractions for some more relaxing family activities.
- Get in touch with nature at the Drayton Manor Zoo, meet over 100 animals and
- Make the excursion a family holiday to remember by staying the night at the 4 star Drayton Manor Hotel.
- Spend the night under the stars with one of the camping facilities on offer at Drayton Manor.
Opening in 1950 with just a handful of small children's rides, Drayton Manor has grown over the years to attract an average of 1.5 million visitors every year, making it one of the best theme parks in the UK. With over 100 rides and a 15-acre zoo, there is so much to do here that you might just have to stay the night in the 4-star hotel on site! This is the ultimate destination for an action-packed family day out.
If you and your children have a need for speed, then Drayton Manor Theme Park is the perfect location for you. There are over 100 different roller coasters across the grounds in themed areas. Put your cowboy hat on as you make your way through the Wild West with rides such as the Buffalo Coaster and the Sheriffs Showdown. Join Captain Blackbeard and his crew as you take to the seas with rides such as the Jolly Buccaneer and the Flying Dutchman. One of the key attractions in Drayton Manor is the immersive 4D cinema, where you can dive right into the silver screen with magic effects that bring the film to life.
Many of the Drayton Manor rides are set across the beloved Thomas Land. It's full steam ahead with the 25 themed family rides and roller coasters that bring the cute cartoon to life. Take a trip around the Island of Sodor with Winston's Whistle Stop Tour and help the rescue vehicles save the day with Flynn's Fire Rescue activity. This attraction is perfect for little ones who prefer a more gentle adventure than the intense roller coasters you can find elsewhere on the grounds. With soft play areas and easy-going trails, there's endless entertainment for your littlest humans.
Drayton Manor is also home to some amazing fun activities for all the family to enjoy. From crazy golf to the Dino Trail there are so many fun adventures to be had in between the rides and themed areas.
If you've had enough of the high-speed action and adventure of the roller coasters, head over to Drayton Manor Zoo. Spread over 15 acres, this area is home to over 100 animals from all over the world. From exotic birds like the scarlet macaw to family favourites like the Sumatran tiger, there are so many furry friends to meet here.
For a chance to see these amazing creatures up close, why not book a zoo experience? Drayton Manor offers an opportunity for the public to interact with animals such as the red pandas, meerkats, tapirs, reptiles and more. Kids will love getting in touch with nature and channelling their inner vet as they learn about the life cycle of these animals and the care it takes to keep them healthy and happy in a commercial zoo.
To make the family trip even more special, have a look at the Drayton Manor Hotel. Staying overnight in this 4-star facility will give parents a break from the routine, and kids will love the new experience of a night away from home. With the Stay and Play package, families have access to a night in the hotel as well as a discounted day ticket to the theme park. Accommodation at the hotel includes a continental breakfast and WiFi for all guests.
If you are looking for a different kind of overnight adventure, Drayton Manor also offers camping facilities. With over 90 pitches, spotless facilities and free WiFi this area makes for a brilliant place to set up camp for the night. Spending the night under the stars and telling stories around the campfire is something everyone in the family will enjoy. For those who like to live in luxury, Drayton Manor also has an option to go glamping. With stunning safari tents set up on site that are decked out with appliances and beds, all you need to bring is some snacks and warm pyjamas, and you're set for the night.
What to know before you go
- Visitors can download the Drayton Manor app for an interactive map and to check how busy certain areas and queues for rides are.
- Drayton Manor opening hours are from 9.30am - 5pm, every day of the week.
- There are a number of cafés and kiosks stationed all over the grounds with a wide menu that caters to visitors who are vegetarian or halal. There are also picnic areas for those who prefer to bring a packed lunch.
- There are plenty of shops around the premises, including a toy shop and a sweet shop where visitors can purchase unique souvenirs.
- There are toilets, including wheelchair-accessible toilets, and baby changing facilities available on site.
- Drayton Manor is generally a wheelchair accessible area; however, some facilities may not be suitable. There is a wheelchair renting scheme available on site and visitors with disabilities can avail of the easy access scheme to avoid long queues.
How to get there
- Drayton Manor is located near Tamworth in Staffordshire.
- The closest rail station is Tamworth, about 3 miles away from the grounds of Drayton Manor.
- Bus routes 110 and 115 from Birmingham and Tamworth both have a stop just a short walk from the grounds.
- There is a car park on site that costs £6 per day to use.