- Step on board a vintage London bus and take a terrifying tour of Europe’s most haunted city, York, featuring St. Mary’s Abbey, The Shambles, the Knavesmire Gallows and more.
Don’t be fooled by York’s quaint exterior, there is heaps of haunted history lurking underneath! The Ghost Bus Tour York will take you through the city’s spookiest sights aboard a haunted house on wheels with a classically-trained actor and live expert guide.
Daring passengers will get to see the ghouly Gillygate, oozing River Ouse, mythical Minster and much more before exploring the York Shambles and Clifford’s Tower by foot. Your comedy-horror commentary will talk you through York’s most haunting tales whilst sending you into fits of laughter and teaching you tons of fascinating facts too. What’s not to love?!
What to know before you go
- The Ghost Bus Tour York is not suitable for children under 5 years old. Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tours last for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Tickets include a 75-minute bus tour of York with a 10-15-minute walk to the Shambles accompanied by an English-speaking tour guide.
- Please be at the departure point at least 15 minutes before the tour start time.
- You will be sent an e-ticket which you are to show to your driver on a mobile device as you board the bus.
- You can cancel your ticket up to 24 hours in advance if you select this option at checkout.
- Concession tickets are available for children aged 5-15, seniors and students with a valid ID.
- The Ghost Bus Tour York will depart from York Station. Head to Bus Stop RE on the south side of the Principal Hotel.
- The closest train station is York Station, a three-minute walk from the pick-up point.
- Bus routes 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 21, 24, 26, 59 and 647 service the departure point at York Railway Station.
Read more about The Ghost Bus Tours here.