- Enjoy cruising along the beautiful River Ouse in York, whilst taking in the local scenery.
- Admire the Georgian architecture of the historic walled city of York from the waterways.
- Learn about the city’s fascinating and long history from a knowledgeable skipper.
- Sit back and relax and enjoy a hot or cold drink and snack from the on-board bar.
Take to the waterways in York for a memorable sightseeing experience! A York City Cruise is the ideal way to explore this stunning city from a different perspective.
See York’s iconic landmarks from the comfort of a heated indoor saloon or take in the fresh Yorkshire air from the upper deck. You’ll pass the spectacular York Minster, the Millennium Bridge, the Bonding Warehouse, Lendal Bridge, the National Railway Museum and the famous King’s Arms public house. Keep a look out for birds and wildlife along the way. You may even spot a kingfisher hunting for insects or small fish over the river.
Listen to tales of the Viking invasion to the occupying Romans delivered by your skipper. York’s amazing history is sure to be a hit with the little Viking fans in your life! Your guide will provide live commentary in English.
The cruise will take approximately 45 minutes to an hour. If you feel peckish, there’s an on-board bar where you can enjoy a hot or cold drink and snack.
What to know before you go
- The ticket includes a one-hour York City Sightseeing cruise.
- This ticket does not include food and drinks.
- Changes are possible for this ticket.
- You can select free cancellation upon booking and cancel until 11.59pm on the day prior to your visit.
- The meeting point is King’s Staith Landing. On arrival, please show your smartphone voucher.
- Arrive 15-30 minutes prior to your departure time. Latecomers will not be waited for.
- Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Children under three can come for free. Please select a free ticket for them.
- Bring a valid ID/student ID for concessionary tickets or free admission.
- It’s possible to bring a buggy on board. It must be kept in the main saloon.
- The cruise returns to the King’s Staith Landing from where it departs.
- York City Cruise is open from 10.30am - 3pm Monday to Sunday.
- Dogs are permitted as long as they are on a lead.
- Boats depart from King’s Staith Landing.
- The closest train station is York, which is a 13-minute walk.
- Bus routes 4, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 21, 22, 23, 24 and 26 all stop nearby.
- St George's Field car park (YO10 4AB) and Marygate car park (YO30 7DT) are both close by.
Read more about City Cruises York here.