- Performing in the West End since 1989, the world-famous spine-tingling ghost story is returning to the stage at the Fortune Theatre.
- Susan Hill’s The Woman in Black is returning to the West End stage and you're invited.
The whole family will be on the edge of their seats in this eerie Gothic-horror story. Set during the Edwardian era, Arthur Kipps is preoccupied with events that happened in the past and he is still haunted by thoughts of the Woman in Black. He hires a young actor to help him tell his tale and delve deeper into his darkest memories. Will he be able to exorcise his demons? With plenty of thrilling suspense moments, haunting sound effects, a clever use of imaginary props and low-level lighting, the performance casts a delectable spell of menace and malevolence. There’s no wonder the show is now celebrating three decades in the West End!
With only two actors, plus the ‘woman in black’, there’s plenty of suspense, haunting darkness and jump-out-the-seat moments to grip all the family. The perfect recipe for a spooky night out.
What to know before you go
- Woman in Black performance times are Tuesday - Saturday 8pm, Tuesday and Thursday 3pm and Saturday 4pm.
- The performance is two hours long, including a 15-minute interval.
- The Woman in Black is suitable for kids aged eight and over. The show does have some genuinely scary scenes so may not be suitable for young children. Parental discretion is advised.
- Children under five will not be admitted to the Fortune Theatre.
- After booking, you will receive a confirmation email. Either print this email confirmation and take it to the box office a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the performance start time.
- No refunds or exchanges available after purchase.
- The Fortune Theatre is situated in Covent Garden.
- Covent Garden (Piccadilly line), Leicester Square (Piccadilly and Northern lines), and Holborn stations (Piccadilly and Central lines), are all within an eight-minute walk away.
- The nearest rail station is Charing Cross, which is a 10-minute walk away.
- Bus routes 24, 29 and 176 all stop in Covent Garden.
- Covent Garden Parker Street is the nearest car park. The nearest Q-Park car park is on Newport Place, in Chinatown. It’s a 13-minute walk away.
Read more about The Woman in Black here.